Sunday, August 8, 2010

Steroid Shot

July 30th
I went to the Dr today and I had an appointment that doesn’t really make me feel super. Alyssa is still a lot smaller and the size difference is increasing every time. However, when you look at each baby individually and look at their growth in terms of time, it doesn’t really seem as bad. In the 2 weeks since I have been to the Dr last each baby has had 2 weeks’ worth of growth. Also, because she is smaller I am going to be monitored really close from here on out to make sure that everyone is growing and that no one is getting stressed. Dr Williams did the NST test on Alyssa and she is showing zero signs of stress, which is SOOOO great. Another thing that happened today is that I had the first steroid shots done. The shot that I got is called betametasome. These steroid shots are given because they help speed up fetal lung development. This is important to have done with multiples because even if I go the full 34-36 weeks that is still early and the lungs are the last thing to develop. The shot needs to be done at the hospital. After this first shot I felt pretty yucky but it is very worth it to me so I am ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment