Sunday, August 8, 2010

August 5th

I went to Mercy Hospital today for the growth scan and the Doppler cord flow test done on Alyssa. When each baby was given an estimated weight they guessed that Mason and Kyle were just over 2lbs and Alyssa was still estimated at 1lb1oz which means that she has had zero growth since July 13th when we were in Davis the last time. He then looked at her cord and determined that it was really bad. I then asked him about it and he told me that he couldn’t discus that with me because they don’t allow anyone who isn’t a Dr to discuss test results with a patient. After this I go back to the house and decide that I am going to do laundry because I figured that if nothing else I would be sent down to Davis for a second opinion and I would need clothes. A few hours later I get a phone call from my Dr’s office telling me that I needed to come in for a copy of my medical records then go home and get a bag ready because I was going down to Davis and I was going to be there for awhile. At this point I am not only worried like I was before but now I am pretty panicked because I didn’t have any idea what would happen and I was convinced that this would mean that I would have to deliver later today. My parents were already on their way to Redding because they knew that I was upset and they followed John and me down to Sacramento. We get to UC Davis and they check me in and hook me to monitors, started an IV, and did some blood work. I am told that I will have another full growth scan done tomorrow and then Dr Boe (a perinatologist) would come in to discus my results.

No comments:

Post a Comment